< CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP >
We have reserved the lodge at Glacier View Ranch (8748 Overland Road, Ward CO) for the weekend of November 4-6 and invite everyone to join us for fresh air, hiking, games, meals, as well as the Sunday morning service. (There will be no services at the Boulder church building that Sunday.) You can reserve a room, cabin, or RV/tent site for one or both nights: contact Bruce Fast.
Our retreat is very lightly structured, with everyone encouraged to sing, play games, hike, or do other outdoor activities; a rough schedule is:
- Arrive after 4pm Friday, and supper is at 6pm.
- On Saturday folks can just hang out, hike, canoe, explore, or play games; meals at 8:00, noon, and 5:30.
- On Sunday breakfast is at 8:00, a celebration/service at 10:00, and lunch at 11:30.
The weather will probably be cool during the day and conducive to outdoor activities, but be prepared with warm clothes. For every meal, plan to share, share, share! NOTE: Glacier View Ranch does not allow the use of pork. Please respect this rule. Refrigeration and stove space is limited, so keep that in mind when bringing food.
- Friday night: Spaghetti dinner— Please bring pasta to cook and a sauce to share. Also, please bring a salad, bread, or dessert.
- Saturday night: Chili Dinner— This is a much-loved tradition at our retreats! Please bring chili to share and crackers or bread to supplement.
- Saturday and Sunday breakfasts: We’ve all enjoyed these meals as a variety of cereals, muffins, bagels, fruit, etc. There would be nothing that needs to be cooked, please.
- Saturday and Sunday lunches: Sandwiches and salads are best for these lunches. We will also finish dinner leftovers at this time.
Please bring snack items for in-between meals. You know what that mountain air does to our appetites. There will be hot water available, and tea and coffee, plus whatever drink mixes you bring. Bring your own mug! Milk and other beverages depend on the luck of the potluck. Depending on when you are attending and where you are lodging, don’t forget to bring: sleeping bag & pillow & towel (cabins), toiletries, flashlight, hiking gear, warm & cool weather casual clothing, table games, card games, mug.
You must be logged in to post a comment.